Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My Favorite Food

Those of you that know me are not surprised of course. I just wanted to let you sushi fans out there in on a little secret my good friend Megan and I discovered in OKC this past weekend. We wanted to go to Sushi Neko, but the wait for 2 people (2 people!!) was 2 hours so we decided to take the recommendation of one of her coworkers and go to a place called Tokyo that is 2 miles north of Neko in Nichols Hills. A-MAZING! We took this picture for my friend Binh who used to be really good at cleaning up the sushi pile we couldn't eat. This is what was left AFTER Meg and I were full. Pitiful, I know.

Meg, I hope it was good for lunch Saturday!! :)

Here's a review that was posted on austinsushi.com:

"I know that it seems weird that there would be a killer sushi bar in Oklahoma City, but there is. If you happen to be passing through the area, look up Tokyo Sushi bar. It's in somewhat scary, sprawling building in a part of town that has seen better days. But trust me, I have had some of my best sushi experiences here. My good friend who is from Japan even gives the place a big thumbs up. I've done quite a bit of travelling and this place is definitely in the top ten and I still haven't found a place in Austin to surpass it. If you are looking for hip surroundings and high-brow atmosphere, this isn't the place for you. But if you're just looking for awesome sushi, you should check it out."

2 comments:

Amy said...

allen loves sushi, he's been wanting to try that place, I'll have to pass on the recommendation!

Kelly said...

he should try it!!! it was phenomenal!! :) when carl and I make it back down to okc, we should all go. :) I imagine they have non-sushi items if you'd prefer that...