Monday, February 9, 2009

Good Choices

Yesterday Carl and I hung out with Kellen, my unofficial nephew. We're days away from Kelly Murray's wedding, and Lori, Kellen's mom needed to run a few errands before the big day. Kellen loves coming out to our house because Carl always leaves lots of gizmos laying around that he can stash in his pockets... like a pirate hunting for doubloons. He also likes it out here because he can play on the swing Carl put up for him.

When Carl picked him up, he told me that before Lori left, he yelled out Carl's window, "Bye mom! I'll make good choices today, and I won't squeeze the puppy too hard."

How cute is that? He's so smart. I'm going to love being an official aunt. And I must confirm, there was only very gentle puppy squeezing yesterday afternoon...

Quite the thoughtful life lesson... "I'll make good choices today"... shouldn't we all take his advice??

No comments: