Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Kelly and Thomas' Wedding

My future niece and nephews are absolutely adorable. Since Adam is still months old, he cheered Kellen and Mac on since they were both in Kelly's wedding this past weekend. I must say that although the beautiful bride was of course the star of the show, Kellen and Mackenzie were pretty darn cute too! I look forward so much to watching the kids come down the aisle... here's why.

Kellen is quite the wanderer. He has to be comfortable in his environment to be able to stand still, otherwise there are just so many things to discover. Since he was the ring bearer, Lori wanted to give him lots of time to explore the church so he'd be able to get down to business when it came to aisle-walking time. The moment of truth came... Mac and him started their treck down the aisle. They did great! When he got to the end, right as the doors were opening up to reveal Kelly and Mike, Kellen yells as loud as he can, "I DID IT, MOM!!!" Everyone burst into giggles. It was perfect. I just hope he wears his pirate hat in my wedding... I'd love that so much. :)

After Mac did such a great job walking down the aisle, she came to sit with Pat, Deanna, and Adam right in front of me. Pat and Tim (brothers of the bride) both had reading parts in the wedding. When it came time for Pat to read, he walked up to the pulpit and started his scripture. Mac was sitting on the edge of her seat, watching him. Right when he paused in between scriptures, Mac looked over at all the bridesmaids sitting in the pew next to us and pointed at her dad and whispered, "That's my dad!!" I love being able to witness moments like that... she was so proud, it was adorable.

These things make me excited for little ones of my own someday. :) Kids are so precious.

No comments: